Wednesday 23 July 2008

Spear and Jackson You are great

My favourite gardening thing is my Spear and Jackson border fork. It was my treat, a really good fork stainless steel with a wooden handle all traditional looking. It made me feel like a proper gardener. At least it did till TS managed to break the handle.

I have looked in vain for a replacement handle and of course every English person I mention it to says "Ah fork handles! The Two Ronnies!". So this morning I decided to look at their web site. I e-mailed them to ask if they had a stockist near Limoges or someone who could supply one mail order to France, mentioning to TS that they were in Sheffield so were bound to be nice folks.

Well they were. I had an e mail back today to say if I supplied them with my address and an image of the fork they would send me a replacement fork under guarantee. I am amazed and delighted

For those of you who don't immediately think of the Two Ronnies whenever fork handles are mentioned

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when customer service comes through.

I would definitely shop at Spear and Jackson if they had them on this side of the pond!

Kitt said...

Ha! Mon Repos!

So nice to get a new fork. I broke the handle on mine this summer after 15 years' hard use. No chance of a free replacement on that.

Breezy said...

Imperatrix it does actually say on the fork that it has a ten year guarantee I notice now I have taken the picture but it was a lovely surprise for them to volunteer a replacement unasked. I know who's tools I'll always choose from now on!

Virginia bed and breakfast said...

Excellent!
I found my way here by originally looking for the theme music for The Sky at Night, and someone commented that it reminded them of a Two Ronnies sketch involving a "broken solar system machine".
Can anyone here point me towards that sketch please?