Thursday 1 November 2007

I'll see your dog on the roof and raise you a cat

So it's been over a week now and I have survived!
Mind you I have not used the chainsaw yet.

I have however climbed up ladders almost every day. Not because I am madly doing DIY or anything useful like that. Oh no. I am climbing up ladders propped against the same spot on the outside wall almost every day because Mimo insists on getting stuck on next doors barn roof. I am one woman cat rescue or complete sucker.


I'm beginning to go with the latter as the last couple of times she has jumped from the roof to the top of the ladder to my shoulder and looks suspiciously pleased with herself.


TS e mails leave her up there for a while but I daren't. You see I still don't have the chickens under control and it's only a short hop from the barn roof to the neighbour's bedroom window. Call me paranoid but first the Anglaise chickens trash the veg then the cat invades the bedroom things get difficult and before you know it it's pitchforks and flaming torches.

Until my daily ladder climbing started I never realised just how tricky they can be. My first couple of attempts at propping those ladders against the wall were frankly farcical and an excellent practical demonstration of the laws of physics as regards levers and centers of gravity. Anyone with a video camera could of earned themselves £250 on the spot. I am now adept at ladders. In fact I could join the fire brigade in their cat rescuing department.



Throughout all this cat and chicken nonsense the dog has been impeccable. She is now my favourite



4 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

My laddering skills are sorely lacking - I hate hights and puke mightily when I get more than six rungs up or so. About 25 years ago I decided to paint the outside of my house. I was terrified of the ladder but after half a bottle of wine I scarpered up there like a rat up a drain pipe. I got the house painted and also got through about twenty bottles of wine and if I fell down I would have been so relaxed that there would have been no tensing and no broken bones!

Well done for lasting a week on your tod without any major catastrophe's.

Unknown said...

Stop. Feeding. Cat. Wait for cat to enter rescue zone. Rattle cat biscuits/tin. Watch cat miraculously rescue self. End project.

Breezy said...

MOB now that shows gumption. The height doesn't worry me it's that the ladders seem to have a mind of their own as to which direction they are going to lean in.

HW I can see you're with TS on this kind of thing. Mmmm no sorry just can't do it

Debra in France said...

Hi B, I couldn't leave Misty stuck up a tree either. OH says to leave her there, to learn to get down on her own, otherwise if she gets stuck and we are not there, what will she do? Logical, yes, but I still go and rescue her.