Wednesday 21 November 2007

My Inner Child

Everyone keeps telling me Christmas is coming so I thought I know I'll make some salt dough decorations cheap and cheerful.

Here you have them then left to right:- Scary Santa, Terrible Tree, Pathetic Penguin and actually I quite like the snowman I think I'll call him Snowy.

The more observant amongst you will notice that I forgot to make a hole to hang them up. (As if they are going on display anywhere!).

Anyway I have loads more dough in a plastic bag in the fridge and will refine my modelling skills . At the least we could have many many snowmen hanging on our tree this year. A trip to buy cookie cutters may pay off but would defeat the no spend objective.

On the plus side we have big bunches of mistletoe in the apple trees, lots of holly and ivy, pine cones and some little pine saplings one of which will do for a Christmas tree. Good job Mother Nature knows her stuff.

7 comments:

Imperatrix said...

Thank you for a wonderful reminder! We didn't bring any Christmas stuff with us this year, but the girls want a decorated tree.

I've got salt. I've got flour. Heck, I even have paint!

Debra in France said...

They look brilliant!!! Well done.

Breezy said...

Imperatrix
I hope you also have more talent than me! I'm sure you have looking at your other craft projects

Debra Don't overdo it or I may give them to you for Christmas then you'll be sorry

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

They are great and I am envious of your talent! Now all you have to do is to fashion a few chickens out of dough and let the real one's see them going into the oven. It might give them a clue as to what might happen if they keep re-enacting the great escape on a daily basis!

Breezy said...

Strangely enough the escapes have dwindled since TS got back they do come out - but to hang around him in the garden advising him on his wood cutting and such. I may make one to hold in reserve and wave threateningly out of the window.

aims said...

I do love crafty stuff - good job!

Breezy said...

Thank you Aims