Memes flying in from all directions now it's Adekun and seven random garden facts.
Since the brain is not really functioning any better than Monday I'll give it a whirl.
1) I want Sweet Williams, mint and rhubarb in my garden because that's what I remember about my Grandad Bill's garden. The sweet williams he had me convinced were named after him, there was always mint sauce he used to have this with his Monday breakfast which was fried belly pork and leftover yorkshire puddings and bubble and squeak from Sunday dinner. We used to sit in the garden with a bowl of sugar and dip freshly pulled rhubarb in. Yes we knew all about healthy eating and balanced diets in them days.
2) The first flower I grew was Candytuft
3) My favourite herb is rosemary but I never use it in cooking just for the scent. TS hates it. There is a saying that in a house where rosemary grows well the woman wears the trousers. I did have a theory on the go that it was because men don't like the smell which is based on a totally scientific and representative sample of three men.
4) I like Alan Titchmarsh
5) If I wasn't worried about them raiding next door's garden I would let the chickens roam round ours at will and accept a bit of damage because they make me laugh.
6) I hate chopping things back and thinning things out because it feels ungrateful when stuff has made the effort to grow. Then I go over the top.
7) I chopped down the onions with the strimmer by mistake (see 6 above) and blamed the chickens.
That's me then I will tag
Hedgewizard (revenge moi?)
Us In France
Tea and Cakes (she's been far too quiet of late)
Jen (because she never mentions a garden)
and Mousie because I want to know more about her
Still didn't get up to seven then ah well here are the rules
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 other garden blogs and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.