Monday 19 February 2007

Make it Go

Well my lap top is on the blink and Techsupport is working on it so I'm on Martin's PC this morning which will give it a change from looking up cheap holidays I suppose.

Why is it that IT stuff has to be perpetually b******d about with? Nothing else automatically updates and improves itself to the point where it's b***dy useless.

I like technology when it works but I don't want to have to be a technician to use it which is where Techsupport comes in handy cos in the matter of IT he doesn't mind all that starting and restarting and uninstalling and installing and reinstalling and checking the boxes and deciphering those questions that ask you to choose between three equally meaningless options. He's the instruction book reader and I'm the one who presses all the buttons and looks at the instructions as a last resort when it's broke and then rants about useless products and the useless spotty youths who design them.

I completely identify with those aliens on Star Trek that kidnapped Geordie to keep everything working. I'd do it too. This is why I sign up for all these updates I don't care if Microsoft or Google or whoever take over the world as long as I can just use my stuff without thinking about it and what happens? I give them carte blanche and they just don't keep their side of the bargain. **!?!**!

No comments: